Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Kumar (Sofware Consultant)     28 September 2014

Need advise

Hi,

I have given a cognizable offence complaint in PS but as the other party is having political influence, the SI has booked case under non-cognizable offence. [The case was of public slapping & abusing and I also have witnesses]

My question is, its been 1 month from the date of incident and 20 days from the date of complaint registration.

1> Can I directly go to court and give my complaint now? will there be any problem in it.

2> There is timelimit in reporting the crime to court. What is the time limit for "PUBLIC SLAPPING & ABUSING" case?

Please guide me.

Learning

3 Replies

Neeraj Arora (9897136755) (Advocate)     28 September 2014

Yes you can directly go to the court and can give the complaint u/s 155(2) crpc.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     28 September 2014

Yes, you can directly file a private complaint in the Magistrate’s court. This is what, in fact, is the procedure in NC offences, if you want any action in such a case.

Secondly, since the offence took place about 20 days back, it is well within the limitation period. Even for the smallest offence, the limitation period for filing the complaint is 6 months. So, go and file your private complaint.

MOHAN HEDAOO (ppripritor)     29 September 2014

Sir

I HV BEEN Chargshtted & court frame charges under 279 / 338 of IPC against me in road accident case . 

The detail are as follow,  One bike who driving very fast in order to reach in the morning rush hours  has on turning my car was stationary on non trafic signal road waiting for turn, he was driving from opposite side .in ver high speed , his bike dashed on my var from front side, he was literaly in the air & felt away behind my car on side.   He  told police in his statement  he felt on my bonet. The  Dr.  report attached by him in his Police compliant  boldley mentioned that all injuries sustained by him are Simple in nature but may be possible due to impact in road accident.   Since the Dr. Report submitted him mention simply injury whether 338 WHICH IS FOR SERIOUS, GRIVEOUS  INJURY WILL STAND.  since my car got damaged not his bike or he was not chrushed whether 279  for rash driving or nigligant  driving stands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register