LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohammad maqsood   13 September 2015

Need advice related to divorce under muslim act

hi , i have been married more than a year ago. after couple of months, she has gone to her mother's place and there is no contact between us. after when has been there , she has filed false cases of violence, dowry and maintenance and asking for a huge sum of amount. she is in no contact with me for more than six month, and as per islamic law i have heard that it is supposed as a divorce. please advice me as soon as possible so i can take divorce from her.

Learning

5 Replies

Carlisle Collins (Samaritan)     15 September 2015

Per Islamic Law, a woman cannot divorce her husband. If things are really bad and cannot be resolved, then for just reasons she may ask for Khulla: it is a request to her husband to divorve her in exchsnge for certain concessions. The conditions are more involved than what I explained in brief. You need to consult a Qazi. Remember: Divorce is the worst thing allowable in the eyes of God. Perhaps you are also at fault for her leaving your matrimonial home. Search your soul. Good luck.

Carlisle Collins (Samaritan)     15 September 2015

Per Islamic Law, a woman cannot divorce her husband. If things are really bad and cannot be resolved, then for just reasons she may ask for Khulla: it is a request to her husband to divorve her in exchsnge for certain concessions. The conditions are more involved than what I explained in brief. You need to consult a Qazi. Remember: Divorce is the worst thing allowable in the eyes of God. Perhaps you are also at fault for her leaving your matrimonial home. Search your soul. Good luck.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     16 September 2015

As a Muslim man you are in the driving seat, you can divorce her by triple talas, but she cannot. 

mohammad maqsood   18 September 2015

i know very well, but i also know that my wife's parents will not accept the same , i am at driving seat to give talaaq. but they will refuse for the acceptence of talaaq. also they have lodged false case of 498A, 155, 156B, and 125 against me . also they are asking for a alumni of 45,00,000 from me and thew same i cannot afford.

please guide me .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

First  of all obtain  AB  if you are not already enlarged on bail, fight back her cases against you and then decide about giving her talaq.

There is noting wrong in pronouncing talaq even now and her acceptance is not necessary as per Muslim law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register