LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanan (IT)     15 December 2014

Nbw warrant issued against me

Sir, My wife deserted me with all the bank locker gold items. She filed maintenance and the judge ordered 25,000 monthly based on the false allegations ,saying I have nami and benami properties.The total arrears now amounts to 4,50,000. Im jobless since the past 1 year having also to contest the 498 case against me. Now, the judge has issued MBW against me. I want to know whether I need to seek bail ? Will I be arrested without they quantifying if I do have the big amount. what will be the jail term? Please advise what needs to be done. Thx in Advance.

 2 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 December 2014

You need to go for recall of NBW.


Shonee Kapoor

You may also like to follow us on twitter at:

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     20 December 2014

Two way to fight -


Legally : -


File a criminal wirt(Article 227) or revision(401 CrPC) in High Court against the maintenance judgement and pray for stay order on NBW and execution.


Apply for speedy trial in HC of your 498A and get direction to dispose of the matter within 6 months.


Illegally : -


Go to another city and don't inform anybody. Not even your lawyer. Start a new life there.

These are state driven cases. If your wife / lawyers from either side does not know where you are then they can't do anything.


Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links for sample petitions and other necessary clues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query