Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandni jha   03 April 2023

Name regarding issue

Sir  , mere 10th marksheet me name Km Chandani hain aur 12th me Km Chandni. Can it be issue in government jobs


 6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 April 2023

you can prepare an affidavit on stamp paper of rs 50 along with your mark sheets that Km Chandani and Km Chandni both are the same people and not another person. 


Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     03 April 2023

No, there is no issue in govt. job.... but i suggest you prepare a affidavit with the help of advocate, stating that km chandani and km chandni both are same person by attatching govt approved document with affidavit in which your name spelling is correct... or other option is you can approch your state board of examination head office for correcting name in you documents....

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2023

There is a huge difference in name, the sound in both the name is different, hence this can attract problems for you in future not only for government jobs but also if you try to go to abroad due to immigration issues.

Therefore you get an affidavit prepared stating both the names are one  and same and get it published in local newspaper, keep the notarised affidavit as well as the copy of the newspaper along with your certificates so that you can tackle the issue at a later stage if there arises any problem in this regard


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 April 2023

There is hardly any problem in the name.

However, if required / objected by any authority such as Passport officer etc. you may get an affidavit executed stating Chandani and Chandni pertain to one and the same person, as advised by experts hereinabove, which I concur.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 April 2023

You should get your certificate name changed as per your birth certificate,

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 April 2023

Procedure for Changing Your Name on Educational Certificate

  1. Prepare an Affidavit. Seek the help of a local notary to make an affidavit for a name change. ...
  2. Publish Name Change in Newspaper. Following that, you must publish the name change in at least two local newspapers. ...
  3. Seek Gazette Notification. ...
  4. Verification. ...
  5. Approval.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register