IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman K.   10 January 2022

Name problem

In all my certificates it is 'Ramashankar kumar' but in my legal documents like aadhar, pan, and voter id it's 'Rama Shankar kumar'.
Will that be a problem in future? And if it will cause a problem how can I correct it in my aadhar since I don't have any legal documents having the first name other than my 10th 12th certificates.
Your suggestions will be of great help.


 6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 January 2022

The discrepency could be a problem whereever digital processing of data is involved.

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     10 January 2022

You can made an application to the Aadhar, Voter ID and Pan Card to change the name as" Ramashankar kumar" by providing the proofs of your name as Ramashankar kumar.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 January 2022

Is there any differnece of spellings in your name, which may be problem ?

Raman K.   11 January 2022

No there is no difference of spelling only the difference of space between the first name and the middle name though I don't have a middle name.


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 January 2022

no problem with space in the name. do not worry

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 January 2022

As replied by an expert earlier, you have every right to modify the name as you require by following simple procedure (online also) for AADHAR and PAN, as spelled in the qualification document (10th preferably).  The spelling in voter card rarely matters but can be modified by filing such a correction application prescribed for that purpose.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query