LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shrinath Prajapati   12 February 2021

Name in annexure list

I had purchased a hut in 2008 in chembur. The society was already formed and the person who was leaving in that hut has his name in the annexure list. When I went to the Collector office, the officer said that the room key and property will be issued in his name because his name is there in the annexure list. We purchased the house in 2008 and since then we have our name on the electricity bill. If we go ahead with his name then he can cheat anytime saying that it is his property. Is there any way to get the property in my name?

Learning

5 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 February 2021

Legally the hut belongs to the person whose name is on the annexure list. There are certain restrictions on the sale of property on collector's land. Your name on the electricity bill does not give you any legal right over the property. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 February 2021

A person can purchase a property only through a valid sale deed which gives him a title and having an electricity bill may establish to some extent possession, but not title to the property.   Contact a local advocate as title deed and possession are important in a sale transaction.

Shrinath Prajapati   20 February 2021

Does it mean I should leave the property?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 February 2021

It is the duty of the purchaser to take adequate precautions while investing in a property about the title deed, likely complications.  No one advises you to sacrifice hard earned money, there must be some remedy for the loss, and you have to explore for such remedies through a local advocate, who is competent to advise you further course of action, after reading all documents and you may have also to go to HC for relief against department if they were negligent.

Shrinath Prajapati   21 February 2021

Should I let it go now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More