LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujal   03 April 2023

Name difference

My self sujal shah.

I required guidance that sale deed name & pan/Adharcard name difference is acceptable in below case 

E.g Sujal shah name mention in adhar and pan card but in sale deed agreement it mention sujalkumar shah.


Is there any problem ??


 8 Replies

Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     03 April 2023

It is a problem but not that big as you are thinking... you can prepare a affidavit on stamp paper of rs 50 along with sale deed, stating that saujal shah and saujal kumar shah both are same person... 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 April 2023

Get a rectification deed from the seller.

Sujal   03 April 2023

Sir actually I purchase this house in 2018 & at that time adhar & sale deed name differ mistake happen & Now after 15 days I will sell this house to other person so I need guidance because I think rectification deed is lenghty process


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2023

If your name in the identity card was the one which is found in the sale deed, then you do not have to be worried, however if you have changed your name subsequently and do not have any proof to prove the previous or original name then you can prepare an affidavit stating both the names are one and the same and also can execute an indemnity bond to the buyer indemnifying him with the losses that may incur due to this at a later stage.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 April 2023

Did you change your name from sujal shah to Sujalkumar shah subsequent to registration of sale deed in your favour ?

If so, you must not have changed ID document(s) in new name, isn't it ? In this situation you may get sale deed prepared in the same name and there is no change in the name.

You have posted a hypothetical fact and query there upon, stating, inter alia, that,

".......E.g Sujal shah name mention in adhar and pan card but in sale deed agreement it mention sujalkumar shah....."
which is otherwise not a real issue, isn't it ?

Sujal   04 April 2023

In 2018 when sale deed execute my name in adhar & pan card was sujal shah but typical mistake in saledeed it mention sujalkumar shah.

& Till date my adhar & pan card name is sujal shah.

Shashi Dhara   04 April 2023

Go near notary advocate and notarise affidavit on stamp paper.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 April 2023

Only rectification deed can sole this matter., contact the seller and rectify the error in registered sale deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register