LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinay_2431 (engineer)     29 November 2018

My husband is mentallyretarted,what will happen to property

Hello Team,

   My Husband is a mentally retarted person, he has two brothers who are well mentally, my husband has few properties on his name which were given by his grand father to him.we have a boy child.

now my question is since my husband is mentally retarted what will happen to the properties??

my husband is born with mental retardation. will my husband's brothers will have any legal rights as my husband's properties as he is mentally not fit?

  can they take any of our property?





 6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 November 2018

you can approach the court of law under the Mental Care Act for appropriate relief under the act.

Shashi Dhara   29 November 2018

U approach court submit that u take care of Urhusband &take custody of properties until Ur child becomes majority and until he becomes efficient to manage property.
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 November 2018

No one can claim or usurp his share of the property.  Preserve all such medical treatment or disease details and approach to District Legal Services Authority for a remedy.  Being a woman you are entitled to free services.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2018

What are the facts? The posting suggests deeper issues.

vinay_2431 (engineer)     29 November 2018

Hello Venu,

   Your guess is correct. This is the issue that came up recently with one of our clients.

the issue is that there were three brothers ,the middle one is born mentally retarted.

now the women's side of story is that remaining two brothers have an eye on my husbands property so I need help in securing.

we spoke to the other party [Other two brothers] from their point of view this women is not treating her husband well,she is hitting him and scolding him.and not allowing any one to come inthe house, she is giving all false medical reasons without medical reports  and she is not showing the medical reports or telling doctor name to us  and not feeding him properly and not taking care of this mentally retarted man. she is not even cooking food properly to him which is why my brother lost 10 kgs of weight in 1 year. since this women is not treating my brother we are causing trouble to her in properties. she has her rights and so we brothers also have our rights.

so we are trying to work out a deal between them.



Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 November 2018

pl file petn under the Mental care Act

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register