LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   02 December 2022

My grand mother ,not looking after by there childrens

My grand mother who is aged 85 .who is in ashram there is no support from there children ..she as two daughters and 2 sons . i am the son of 3 rd daughter who is elder who is no more ....
Here the matter is she wanted to be with there childrens but one wants to keep in her home....


 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 December 2022

File a complaint under section 125 CrPC before area Magistrate for her maintenance through a local prudent lawyer.

Nikhil SHETTY   03 December 2022

is there any way that the dispute shall be solved in a healthy manner , through Lok adalat ,and how effective it would be in solving this issue

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 December 2022

Your grand mother has to file petition under the provisions of The Maintenance And WElfare Of Parents And Senior Citizen Act 2007 before SDO for getting maintenance and residence.



Shashi Dhara   03 December 2022

Your grand mother is interested or willing to stay with children's or not ,who is paying for ashram ,it is free ashram for old aged  ,any children is ready to accept her to stay with them  verify and proceed.

Nikhil SHETTY   03 December 2022

yes she is willing to stay with her children ,But they are not ready to take care , so I am paying for her maintainance

Shashi Dhara   03 December 2022

She can claim maintenance and residence only court cannot force children to take her to their home if they refuse ,try your best to solve .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 December 2022

Did you discuss all problem(s) and issue(s) with her children ?

What is their response, if already discussed ?

Lok Adalat or any other form of helping the old and infirm lady, she will have to move to appropriate Court / Tribunal / Authority, if her children do not accept her to stay with them. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register