My father is harrasing my mother

Hi sir / Madam , I'm 29 years old and I am doing my private job. There is an family related issue from the day my mother and father got married. My mother is totally illeterated and also she have lost all his family members in her child hood days. My father is just treating her as slave and worker in home and there is no respect giving and also he behaves very rudely and there is no humanity with him. No one should qstn him what he is doing and where he is going also . Also he behaves like he is the person and all should listen him and no arguments should be made. I'm raising this issue now because from past many years I thought I don't want to get my family issues gone out . But before marraige I got married and also I have a baby now. If this situation continuous then what will be the situation in future. So kindly help me what to do as my mother is totally illiterate as even she can't go anywhere alone and also no outside knowledge. Please help me on this .. Thank you !

As per the situation you've explained above it depicts that what you're mother is dealing with violence at home, which is termed as Domestic Violence in the words of Law. Domestic Violence is dealt under section 498(A) of Indian Penal Code (IPC) 1860. The law is titled “Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.” The acts (cruel) done by your father are totally unbearable and henceforth should be put to an end, his treatment towards your mother as a slave is totally against the Article 21 of the Indian Constitution. This article gives a person an individual a right to live a life with respect and integrity, due to which,the Apex Court of India has stated Article 21 as a fundamental right. But,before proceeding for judicial help it's essential that one tries to resolve issues himself/herself. Therefore, it's better that you being a grown up man now confront your father about his actions and what could be consequences that he might land up in. This way, you might probably get a solution for your family issues within family members. If the activities still persists, then you can file a complaint under the given sections mentioned above.

Thanks for the reply . As suggested I have tried myself with the help of my family and relatives by putting the issues across to then and there is no use of it. He tells that I'll be in the same way why should I change and who are u to qstn me and who r u to ask me what ever u want u do I'll be in this way itself .. he answers in this way. To comlain about him to file an FIR he is Lil close to the police department because he Lil bit involved in politics in the mandal level so we are suffering a lot on this please advise what to be done... I request some one to atleast guide him or counsil him.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x