LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown (Individual)     02 June 2014

My elder brother committed suicide

My Elder Brother committed suicide recently. In this suicide note he has stated that don't make any issue and respect his death. His wife is not in town when the event took place. She has not even brothered to open the doors, when she noticed that her husband is dead. We went and pulled down his body from the pooja room fan hook. Later, when we opened his laptop, we observed that she has done some chatting with his ex-boy friend, wherein she said that she is not happy with his husband as he is not capable to give birth to kids. She has shared her entire family life to her ex-boy friend. like., My brother underwent an surgey for increasing his sperm count..etc.. She has shared all these details with his boy-friend. She has shared that she is not happy with my mom and sister..and results of their behaviour.

There is another doucment in his laptop stating that all his insurance money should be paid to his wife and requested his in-laws to arrange 2nd marriage of his wife with that guy.

A case under section 174 was registered. We know that due her chatting only he has committed suicide. We have given print-out of the entire chatting message along with the letter of his wish to the PS. The PS team had not taken any action her. They have not responded to any of our requests to take action against her.

We want to proceed against that lady. Please give us few alternatives...We want to convert this into 306 IPC..With the above facts will this be converted..


 4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 June 2014

Police will enquire the matter u/s 174 crpc and after gathering adequate relevant proofs they will registered fir u/s 306 ipc against your bhabhi , help the police for gathering the proofs and sends the accused behind the bars for atleast 10 years .

Unknown (Individual)     02 June 2014

Sir, we don't have any other evidence or proofs except the e-mail chating.. will it not be sufficient..what proofs do you recommend. Further, in that chating she has commented on my mom and sister.. if she files a 498A or DVC... can this chating be used against us...

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 June 2014

Don't worry she cannot file 498a , dv or other cases upon you , you convince the police only because of her illicit relation your brother feels very humiliated and finally when she didn't stop your brother had committed suicide , she and her boy friend is responsible for that , give all recording of her chatings with her boyfriend to the police , request police to take her call details during your brothers suicide , if possible findout any person who can say he knows she is indulged with his boy friend, any photograph of her and boyfriend etc proved her extra marital affair .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 June 2014

She can file DV as well as 498a against you. Te proofs you have are just cirumstantial evidences and may not be enough for starting the prosecution.



Shonee Kapoor
Handphone: +91-8010850498

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register