My college has asked me to pay 90,000 per subject to appear again

So I paid 1,80,000

If I didn't pay they told I will not be able to attend the exam

And got some loan and paid finally

Can someone help me to get my money back 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2023

If it is the college terms and conditions and you had agreed for that then you may not be able to fight against it, however you may give a complaint to the university about this exorbitant demand.

Niharika Lohan   18 May 2023

Hi MBBS,  I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

First of all, if these demands and their transactions thereof were done personally by some college official and in cash (by which i mean, in black/ under the table) as a common trend in your college/university. Then there isn't anything that you can do about it now as you agreed to pay that amount in order to appear for re-examination under an illegal setting and without any record.

Secondly, if the college had laid down any rules/guidelines with respect to the re-examination fee and process, then such an irrational amount of fee can be challenged in different forums and even in writ if need be, however the success of the same cannot be guaranteed as such. Go step wise with levels of escalations for the complaint :
1.Vice Chancellor
2.University Grants Commission
3. Secretary Ministry of Education and HRD.

You must also keep a copy of letters, and replies (if you receive any).

However, in my opinion, there are only bleak chances that you will get a refund of the said amount.

Hope this information helps. For further query, you can reach me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 May 2023

Just file representation to the VC

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2023

Terms and conditions on the issue accepted by the student with the private medical college has to be referred before forming any opinion and oblige.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register