LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (dd)     11 June 2012

Mutual divorce & maintenance

My wife was with me only for 1 month and after that she went to her parents house. After one year of our marriage we had taken mutual divorce. During mutual divorce she had not claim any maintenance. In future if she claim any maintenance or alimony, how much I have to pay. It is mentioned in our petetion that she left her marital home after one month of marraige.  Whether it is considered how much time she stayed with me during calculation of maintenece  and Whether maintenance is compulsory for MCD. Whether I have to pay 1/2, 1/3 or 1/5 of my salary.

Learning

13 Replies

sunil (Engineer)     11 June 2012

Did u have any form documented that she will not claim maintainance in future?

Is she working or highly qualified?

Ram (dd)     11 June 2012

She has graduate (arts) qualification and she has not married till now. We have written aggrement that she will not claim any maintenance in future. But as per different posts in this forum, this kind of aggrement is not valid as per law and she may claim maintenece anytime infuture.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 June 2012

dont worry, if the divorce has been granted and parties have parted their ways permanently then nothing remains for her to claim.

all her claims will be considered to have been settled unless there is some condition mentioned in the Compromise deed :)

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 June 2012

dont worry abt various discussions here.

keep confined to facts of your case.

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     11 June 2012

Ld kiran is right....

Sorry ram for posting in your thread mine also same concern

1."Secomd party(wife) accepted permanent alimony of 400000rs  to get permanent seperation from the marriage life..
2. There are no future claims from either party inform of cash,kind or property,hereafter the both parties agreed not to interfere in their day to day life and vice-versa.
3. The second party(wife) here by undertakes that she will not lodge any criminal complaint against her husbands and in-laws.
4.If both parties violates this MOU,criminal action can be intiated.
This MOU already submitted in court.

Is this points will be safe for me to be away from future maintainance..

Please reply

Sarita Thakur Kanwar (HR)     11 June 2012

Dear All,

My brother got marries one month back and he did arranged marriage now he has come to know about her extra marital affair with two children father,as he hacked her facebook account which she was denying that she dont have any facebook id.

I request you all to kindly suggest on the matter and guide me accordingly as my brother has broken down and that girl has left him .

KINDLY GIVE YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE ON THE MATTER...........!

Dear all,

Please see my MOU posted, and advice me

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     11 June 2012

Mr. Sunil, 

MOU is OK. Don't think much, Cool.

Srinivas Jerripothula (Advocate)     12 June 2012

I agreed with Kiran. No need to pay anything.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register