LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Mutation of property

Dear Sir/Madam,

In Mutation Certificate there are four names of four owners of the total Property. One of the owner is my father who has been deceased and i want to change it to my name as i am the single son of my father. But my relation with other owners is not good and so they do not want to give the consent and do not want to sign for change of name in Mutation Certificate. So what to do now. Please help me.


Abhishek Roy Choudhury.


 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 March 2024

Did you apply to concerned Tehsildar for transfer of mutation in favour of all LRs of your deceased father ?

On receipt of such an application Tehsildar is bound to issue notice to all LRs, seek and redress objection(s) from any stakeholder(s) before sanctioning mutation.  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2024

You can file a suit for partition and separate possession of your father's share in the property. 

After that you can get your share of property mutated to your name separately. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register