Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA)

APPLICATION FOR INFORMATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005

1 May, 2011

President,

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Democratic Rights Forum,

MITRA, 111/9-10, Wenden Avenue,

Matunga (W), Mumbai-19.

PIN – 400 019.

Email; drf.india@gmail.com

Ph.93222 46333 / 93 24 34 5454

To:     Public Information Officer

Mumbai Metropolitan Regional

Development Authority (MMRDA),

Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051.

I, Ram Samudre, as a citizen of India, required some information under RTI Act 2005, which is being kept & controlled by your office.  Please give the itemwise information as mentioned in following 7 items;

Item No. (1)

As per sub-section (2) of Section 4 of RTI Act 2005; it shall be a constant endeavour of every public authority to take steps in accordance with the requirements of clause (b) of sub-section (1) to provide as much information suo motu to the public at regular intervals through various means of communications, including internet, so that public have minimum resort to the use of this Act to obtain information.

The following information is required in this regard:

(i)        Please give me print-outs of Internet pages wherein the information as per section 4 of RTI Act 2005  has been published.

(ii)      Please also mention the website address at which the information has been published on Internet.  Please note that the information as per section 4 of RTI Act 2005 is not available on the following links of MMRDA;

https://202.71.136.179/mmrda/index.html

https://202.71.136.179/mmrda/RTI.pdf

Item No. (2)

As per sub-section (3) of section 4 of RTI Act 2005; for the purposes of sub-section (1), every information shall be disseminated widely and in such form and manner which is easily accessible to the public and as per sub-section (4); all material shall be disseminated taking into consideration the cost effectiveness, local language and the most effective method of communication in that local area and the information should be easily accessible, to the extent possible in electronic format with the concerned Public Information Officer, available free or at such cost of the medium or the print cost price as may be prescribed.  For the purposes of sub-sections (3) and (4), “disseminated” means making known or communicated the information to the public through notice boards, newspapers, public announcements, media broadcasts, the internet or any other means, including inspection of offices of any public authority.

I want to inspect personally as to where the information as per section 4 of RTI Act 2005 has been published on notice boards by MMRDA. Please inform the location of such Notice Boards situated in the offices of MMRDA.

Item No. (3)

A copy of extract of daily newspaper PUDHARI of 2 December 2009 is enclosed herewith for ready reference of the statement made in a Press conference by Shri J.P. Dange, Chief Secretary of State wherein he has stated that the Biometric System of Time Attendance will be provided in all the offices of Maharashtra state.

Please refer GR No. Samay-1006/Pr.Kr.33/2006/18 dt. 13 June, 2006. A copy of the same is enclosed.  In continuation, as per GR No.Samay-1009/Pr.Kr.1/09/18 (Ra.Va.Ka.) dated 16 January, 2009; it has been instructed by the Government that all the public servants of Mantralaya secretariat including staff & secretaries will have to record their presence in Card Punching System regularly. A copy of the same is enclosed herewith for ready reference.  Now the system is upgraded by Biometric System. 

I want to know that whether in the offices of MMRDA the office reporting time and office leaving time (Present Records) are being recorded on a similar Biometric System or otherwise.

Please give me computerised copy on Diskette (CD) of data records of Biometric Attendance Management System (Card Punching Records) of all the public servants who are/were posted / deputed in the offices of MMRDA, for the period from January 2011 up to date on which the same will be copied on the CD.

In case the Biometric Attendance Management System is not implemented in the offices of MMRDA, in that case please give me certified copies of all attendance registers in which the present records are being maintained and record of timings of reporting & leaving the office.

Please give me certified copies of all correspondence and file notings, if any, made regarding proposal of implementation of the instructions of the Chief Secretary of Maharashtra as quoted in the media regarding Biometric Attendance Management System.

Please also give me the certified copies of leave records of the public servants who remained absent or on leave for the period from 01 January 2011 and their salary statements showing deduction / recoveries for the days of absent.  I also want to inspect the records personally.

Item No. (4)

I am enclosing a copy of Government’s decision circulated under No. _____________________________________ issued on 31 August 1988 wherein the working timings of the offices have been stipulated by the Government of Maharashtra according to which the working timings of the offices situated in the area of Greater Mumbai is 09:45 AM to 05:30 PM (For Peons 09:30 AM to 06:15 PM).

In the following circulars (copies enclosed for ready ready reference) the strict instructions have been issued wherein it has been instructed to monitor punctuality of presence of public servants at their work place;

(i)           No. _________________________________

dated 29 January 2002.

(ii)          No. _________________________________

dated 9 April 2002.

(iii)        No. _________________________________

dated 3 January 2005.

(iv)        No. _________________________________

dated 29 June 2006.

I want to know that whether the office working timings of the offices of MMRDA is stipulated according to the Government’s decision circulated under No. ______________________ _______________ issued on 31 August 1988 or otherwise.  In case the above said Government circulars / rullings issued by the Government of Maharashtra are not applicable on the offices of MMRDA, please give me certified copies of the authentic authority letter / constitutional provision by which the MMRDA is governed and regarding timings of the working of the offices of MMRDA. 

Brief of the matter in this item

As it is clear that public servants are not allowed to enter into Government premises beyond stipulated working time in normal course.  In this regard, Government have already issued instruction vide Circular No.OFT-1055 dated 13th August 1955.  It has been instructed by this circular that the ladies should not be allowed to attend the office before and after working time of office.  Circular No. OFT-1072-23316-B dated17th July 1973.  By this circular the instructions issued under Circular No.OFT-1965-B dt. 30th October, 1965 have been reviewed and it is instructed that;

(i)           “Woman clerical staff without any exception should not be detained in office after the prescribed office hours or the permissible hour of late sitting and that calling upon woman employees by male officers at late hours in the night should be totally prohibited.  Government has already issued instructions in this behalf in Government Circulars, General Administration Department No. OFT-1055 dated the 13th August, 1955 and No. OFT-1065-B, dated the 30th October, 1965.  Government desires that the instructions regarding late hour working by woman employees in Government offices issued therein should be scrupulously observed by all concerned.”

(ii)         Government has also decided that in view of the fact that Saturdays (except second and fourth Saturdays in each month) are now working days, woman employees staying at distant places from their place of work should not be given late-turns on any day.  All Departments of the Secretariat and the Heads of Department and Offices under them are requested to see that the above instructions are observed.

(Instruction laid down here with that in case of any violence of these instructions Heads of the Departments will be held responsible.  But it is seen that HODs themselves pass illegal orders by misusing the status of their post.  Hence it is needed that public/citizens should initiate legal action to penalize the defaulter public servants who misuses the Government office premises.  The requisite information is needed so far.)

Item No. (5)

Please give me certified copy of circular issued for holidays in the offices of MMRDA during the year 2011.

Item No. (6)

As it is mandatory for every public servant to submit periodical statement of immovable property, in every five years, they own and the same is falls under clause (f) of section 2 of the RTI Act 2005.  In this regard a copy of extract of daily newspaper NAVBHARAT of the dated 3 September, 2009 is enclosed for ready reference.  It is also to note that neither such statements which are submitted to the Government’s record are not a third party information nor restricted under the provisions of section 8 of this Act.

Please give me attested copies of the Periodical Immovable Property Statement submitted by all the public servants who are/were posted in the offices of MMRDA for last 5 years specific for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 till date.  

This information is most important in the aspect of the integrity of the public servants toward service to the people of the nation as to whether their public servants on the responsible and powerful posts owned the property within the balance of their earning & expenses or more than their earning from the known sources in that case the people of this democratic nation can take necessary action against the defaulter public servants.

Item No. (7)

Please give me a certified copy of the list of all public servants who are presently posted / deputed in the office of MMRDA showing the dates of their posting / deputation on MMRDA and name of their original / main office from where they have been called / sent on deputation on MMRDA.  Please also give me the certified copies of the constitutional provision under which the staff of various department have been deputed in the offices of MMRDA.

I also want to inspect the file on which the correspondence / file notings are available regarding deputation of public servants on MMRDA.

---------------------------

The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005. 

I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision. 

I will personally collect the information for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 9322246333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information will be ready at yours.

Encl. As stated above.

Place: Mumbai.                                         (Ram Samudre)

Date: 01.05.2011                                  Signature of Applicant

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

APPLICATION FOR INFORMATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005

(Supplementary Application in continuation to Application dated 01.05.2011)

7 May, 2011

President,

MITRA, 111/9-10, Wenden Avenue,

Matunga (W), Mumbai-19.

PIN – 400 019.

Ph.93222 46333 / 93 24 34 5454

To:     Public Information Officer

Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051.

I, Ram Samudre, as a citizen of India, required some information under RTI Act 2005, in continuation to my application dated 01.05.2011, which is being kept & controlled by your office.  Please give the itemwise information as mentioned in following 11 items for the period from 01 January 2011 up to date;

(1)  Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants who are working in the offices of MMRDA were specially during the period of Assembly sessions of Maharashtra Assembly in the year 2011;

(i)           called in office on holidays

(ii)          detained in office after stipulated normal working time

(iii)        called in office before stipulated normal working time.

(2) Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants who are working in the offices of MMRDA were called in office on holidays for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of compensatory off, if any, given to public servants in lieu of their presence on holidays.

(3) Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants who are working in the offices of MMRDA were detained in office after stipulated normal working time for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of concessions, if any, given to public servants in lieu of their detention after stipulated normal working time.

(4) Please give me certified copies of the orders / letters by which the public servants who are working in the offices of MMRDA were called in office before stipulated normal working time for any reasons. Please also give me certified copies of records of concessions, if any, given to public servants in lieu of such call in office before stipulated normal working time.

(5) Please give me certified copies of all file notings / documents / record whenever disciplinary action have been initiated against defaulter public servants for misuse of office premises for personal affairs by unauthorised presence in office premises without written and justified orders;

(i)           On holidays

(ii)          After stipulated normal working time

(iii)        Before stipulated normal working time

(6) Please give me attested copies of Log Book of the custodian of the office premises of MMRDA showing opening & closing records of office premises on holidays and copies of authority letters for such abnormal opening of office premises.

(7) Please give me certified copies of work distribution with the names and designation of public servants who are working in the offices of MMRDA.

(8) Please give me certified copies of letters / orders / circulars etc. whenever the public servants of MMRDA were nominated / sent for examination duties / election duties / census duties etc. other than the normal assigned job.

(9) It is observed that the private security guards have been posted in office premises of MMRDA and they restricts entrance of the citizens. I want to know that whether the security guards are public / government servants or any private security has been hired.  In this regard;

(i)           please give me certified copies of letters / orders / circular issued for posting of security guards inside the office premises of MMRDA with the copies of justification of the job assigned to them as to what the duties / instructions have been assigned to them.  It is reported that the security guards restricts entrance of the citizens which is highly objectionable in view of protocol by servants.  It is hereby to note that the Union Of India is a democratic state where is THE RULE OF PEOPLE and administration in Governance is their servant.

(ii)          In case any private security has been hired, please give me a certified copy of the contract / agreement showing terms & conditions and expenses thereon and certified copy of constitutional provision under which the private security has been hired.

(10)               Please give me attested copies of Driver’s Log Book of each & every vehicles of MMRDA and attested copies of documents showing expenses occurred on fuel for each vehicle during the period of the current year 2011 up to date.

(11)Please give me attested copies of statements / documents / records showing details of expenses occurred for ON-DUTY travelling by public servants of MMRDA by AIR / roadways / trains including in India and abroad.  

---------------------------

The court fees stamp valued Rs.10/- affixed on this application toward fees for application for information under RTI Act 2005. 

I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision. 

I will personally collect the information for which I may be informed on my mobile phone number 9322246333 or by speed post, to avoid delay in communication, whenever the information will be ready at yours. I may also be informed on my email id drf.india@gmail.com.

Place: Mumbai.                                         (Ram Samudre)

Date: 07.05.2011                                  Signature of Applicant

(Guest)

COMPLAINT UNDER SECTION 18 (1) (c) OF RTI ACT 2005

Date : 09.06.2011.

President,

MITRA 111/9-10, Wenden Avenue, Matunga(W),

Mumbai-400019 Ph.9322246333

To :     State Chief Information Commissioner

State Information Commission,

Maharashtra State,

13th Floor, New Administrative Building,

Opp. Mantralaya, Mumbai-400032.

----------

(1)

Full name of the Appellant

:

Ram Samudre

(2)

Address

:

President,

MITRA 111/9-10,

Wenden Avenue, Matunga(W), Mumbai-19

(3)

Particulars of the State Public Information Officer

:

Public Information Officer Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA),

Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Bandra (East),

Mumbai – 400 051.

(4)

The grounds for COMPLAINT

The PIO has not given any response to my application dated 01.05.2011 and supplimentary application dated 07.05.2011 (Copies enclosed).  Hence;

(i)        the information should be given to me immediately now at free of cost as per provision of sub section (6) of section 7 of RTI Act 2005 since the PIO is failed to provide the same within 30 days as per provision in RTI Act 2005.

(ii)      Maximum possible penalty should be imposed, in accordance with section 20 of RTI Act 2005, upon the concerned public servant who assigned as a PIO in this matter.

The court fees stamp valued Rs.20/ affixed toward fees for Appeal under RTI Act 2005 as per Maharashtra Right To Information Act 2005.  I will personally collect the information.  I may be contacted on my mobile phone number 9322246333.

Place ; Mumbai.

Date : 09.06.2011                              Signature of AppIicant.

Documents Enclosed:

The copy of applications dated 01.05.2011 and 07.05.2011.

Copy to:

Public Information Officer

Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA),

Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051..                                  

Metropolitan Commissioner

Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA),

Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051.

(Guest)

APPEAL UNDER SECTION 19(1) OF RTI ACT 2005

Date : 09.06.2011.

President,

MITRA 111/9-10, Wenden Avenue, Matunga(W),

Mumbai-400019 Ph.9322246333

To :     Appellate Authority

Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051..

----------

(1)

Full name of the Appellant

:

Ram Samudre

(2)

Address

:

President,

MITRA 111/9-10,

Wenden Avenue, Matunga(W), Mumbai-19

(3)

Particulars of the State Public Information Officer

:

Public Information Officer Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA),

Bandra-Kurla Complex,

Bandra (East),

Mumbai – 400 051.

(4)

Date of receipt of the order appealed against

(If order passed)

:

No order received.

(5)

Last date of filing the appeal

:

(6)

The grounds for appeal

:

The PIO has not given any response to my application dated 01.05.2011 and supplimentary application dated 07.05.2011 (Copies enclosed).  Hence;

(i)        the information should be given to me immediately now at free of cost as per provision of sub section (6) of section 7 of RTI Act 2005 since the PIO is failed to provide the same within 30 days as per provision in RTI Act 2005.

(ii)      Maximum possible penalty should be imposed, in accordance with section 20 of RTI Act 2005, upon the concerned public servant who assigned as a PIO in this matter.

The court fees stamp valued Rs.20/ affixed toward fees for Appeal under RTI Act 2005 as per Maharashtra Right To Information Act 2005.  I will personally collect the information.  I may be contacted on my mobile phone number 9322246333.

Place ; Mumbai.

Date : 09.06.2011                              Signature of Appellant.

Documents Enclosed:

The copy of applications dated 01.05.2011 and 07.05.2011.

(Guest)

I have submitted above appeal and complaint on 09.06.2011 (Thursday). On Tuesday 14.06.2011 I have received a phone call from PIO that the information is being prepared and will be given to me on 23.06.2011.

Let us see what the information coming from them. I will post the same here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register