Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurendra Rautray (advocate)     16 May 2013

Msmed act 2006

Hi,

I just have few queries regarding MSMED Act 2006 in respect to service provider.

1. The Act is silent about the service provider, hence i would want to know who all would come under the act.
  2. Can we say that any sector/organisation/company etc who are engaged in various service sector providing sevices will fall under the Act.
  3. Is it mandatory for a SSI/Service provider to get EMII registration in order to avail the benfit of delayed payment under the act, if yes please give a reason. The Act say it is optional.
  4.  I have a client who are into transportation of iron ore , can they come under the perview of service provider is yes/no please give a reasoning to it.
  5. If registartion of EM II is mandatory then can one get registered now and then later file a case before the council.

With regards

saurendra rautray

saurendra.rautray@gmail.com

Learning

2 Replies

Surrender K Singal   30 January 2014

(a) If the section for Interest on delayed payment is read, it would need EM II registration;

(b) Who is handling your Delhi office ? What kind of cases are being effectively handled at Delhi ?

Saurendra Rautray (advocate)     03 July 2014

Hi Mr Singal,

Our Delhi office is handled by Mrs Ginny Jetley. We handled matter relating to Arbitration Domestic and International, DRT, Writs, Matters relating to SSI Units at Chattisgarh, Orissa, Delhi, West Bengal,Company matters etc.

Saurendra Rautray

Partner

Rautray& Co

www.rautray.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register