IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ambycabin   17 October 2016

Moving high court/bench court

Please tell me if one can move High Court instead of Bench court in criminal matter.

More info:

1. Criminal matter , in which place of offence is Nagpur ( which is bench court of Bombay High Court)

   Opponent party have framed the place of crime at Nagpur because it will be covenient to them.

2. Place of crime or are of juridisction is Mumbai. 

Can HC movement take place in Mumbai and later the Bombay HC order can be transfered to Nagpur?

I am staying in Mumbai. Shall I have to approach Bombay HC or Nagpur Bench?

Is it mandatory that if FIR is filed at  Nagpur then we have to move Nagpur HC or is it fine if we move Bombay HC and then same order can be considered valid ? because Nagppur is bench of Bombay?


Hope my query is clear...


 2 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     17 October 2016



Approach the Magpur bench for quashing of the FIR on the ground of jurisdiction and on merits as well if the case if false and frivilous. 




Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     18 October 2016

Approach to Bombay High Court. It has jurisdiction of entire Maharashtra. Pray for Speedy Trial and case transfer at the place of crime (Your jurisdiction).



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query