LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simerjeet Singh   30 November 2018

Movers and packers dont send my Bike

hello I hired a mover and packer for sending my bike from Delhi to vadodara .. on 25 October 2018 they promised to send it within 10 days but now it's 40 days passed they still saying we are sending as soon as possible .. what should I do ? I have to go to consumer court or to police to file a FIR

 8 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     01 December 2018

issue notice and if they fail to deliver the bike inspite of notice approach Dist Consumer Rdressal forum against them for deficiency of service.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2018

Saying, asking, telling, said , told are all verbal modes of communication and difficult to prove.

Transact in writing under proper acknowledgment.

If you are unable to resolve on your own then; You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Consumer/Civil  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Consumer/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Consumer/Civil  matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.


The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.

If you are confident that you can handle the matter on your own go ahead.

GO thru the provisons, precedences at


Simerjeet Singh   01 December 2018

thanks sir for timley reply .. on their receipt they written then (subject to Gurugram jurisdiction )
can I file counsmer complaint in vadodara as because I m living there .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2018

You should be able to agitate at location where action/part of action lies.

Your counsel is to handle the jurisdiction part.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     02 December 2018

If there is an agency/ office of Packers & Movers in Vadodhra you should prefer to file your consumer complaint before their area Consumer Dsiputes Redressal Forum through a local lawyer.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     02 December 2018

you can also approach alternate consumer disputes redressal commisssion. You may contact local civil supplies office. for this.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 December 2018

You may check if officials of O/o Dircetorate of consumer affairs in state can help you.

Simerjeet Singh   13 December 2018

thanks sir I received my bike by sending notice on e mail

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query