LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amritangshu Panja   16 June 2022

motor veichle

I live in kolkata and on 2018 my friend bought a bike on finance on my name as he didint had any documents of kolkata and told me after completion of loan he will transfer the name but on sep 2021 i came to know he gone to his hometown which is in different state and iam continuously telling him to transfer the name or to handover me the bike so he is not doing any thing and delaying he will do today or tomorrow what should I do now legally so that in future I should not face any trouble


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 June 2022

You stated that your friend bought the bike in your name with finance.  then why transfer? Tell him if he does not hand over the bike, you will put a complaint against him.

Amritangshu Panja   16 June 2022

but the finance money was given by him so can I do the fir against him if he do not handover the bike

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 June 2022

Simple step is to seek return of the bike. If he has a different version, let him come up with the facts.

Sravika Reddy Kohir   17 June 2022

Hello Amritangshu Panja, I acknowledge your question. Here since the bike has been registered & taken under the roof of your own documents you can claim the right over the same bike as you have title over the bike by all means. Since your friend isn’t either claiming for title and transferring the same nor handling the bike over to you can file a suit of declaration under section 42 of specific relief act wherein the person who has titles can claim it. There you need not face any legal consequences in future.

I hope I have answered your question.

Have a good day.

I.B. Pandey   20 June 2022

It will be better to lodge a F.I.R. of theft of vehicle in your concerned police station. It will be safe way for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register