Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishorthegreat (administrator)     21 June 2012

Mothers property and daughters right to claim

dear sir 

please help me by giving u r invaluable advise

the case:-1. a lady smt. v earned a property i.e 4.5 acres of cultivable land and a house through her hard work.                       in west godavari dist. Andhrapradesh.

2.the property is in the name of smt .v,and she died without executing any will.

3.smt.v has 3 daughters and one son,and her husband  is alive.

4.husband and son says -all the three daughters (who are married)will be given half acre each with                        which they should accept without complaining.

5. on going through lawyers club forum i understood that as per recent guidelines all the three                                  daughters and the son will get equal share in deceased smt .v's property.

6.(a)can the 3 daughters  seek court's interference? (b)will they succeed? (c)all the three should                                   make one  petition combinedly?(d)someone,cynically telling that this kind of cases take 15 to                               20 years ,is it so?- i shall be immensely thankful to u for u r kind advise

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     21 June 2012

The 3 daughters have equal share along with the son and husband. They can file a suit for partition to claim their share. All the 3 daughters can join as plaintiffs in one single suit for partition. No need to file seperate suits.

kishorthegreat (administrator)     22 June 2012

so kind of you madam thank you verymuch

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register