LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   29 April 2017

Mother has taken sole guardianship during husbands absence

Mother has moved family court to name her as sole guardian for daughter while I was abroad and has received sole guardianship due to my absence. Now I have returned back to India and I have filed for divorce.

What options I have towards the sole guardianship of the mother ?


 2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 April 2017

If you want to claim custody of your child you can file a custody case under guardian and wards act

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     30 April 2017

If sole guardianship was granted ex-parte due to your absence in the court, either you can move appropriate application to set aside the order and decide the case on merits.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register