IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirakar Nayak   13 July 2021

moleste and deadly attack

If someone is either molested or deadly attacked to somebody on the presence of public and cop. But neither both are not rescued the victim.
Q: Is it negligency of police? or have any for rescue the victim having with
eye witnes?


 2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   13 July 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), deals with molestation with an intention to outrage the modesty of woman in public. The law has marked it as a special crime to use force against a woman, or even threaten to use force, if the intention is to 'outrage her modesty'.

The section 354 deals with "Assault or criminal force to woman".
It states - "Whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any woman, intending to outrage or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby outrage her modesty, shall be punished with impris­onment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both".

Thus, it is treated very seriously other than normal and criminal force by allowing the police to make arrests for such crimes without a warrant.

Therefore, a complaint under this section should be filed against the culprit as strict actions will be take spontaneously.

Hope It Helps

Kevin M. Paul

Manoj Chaudhary Advocate   20 July 2021

if you have witness to prove the presence of police, then complaint can be given against the police person present there. as far as molestation is concerned give complaint to police will all details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query