LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Varun2020   02 April 2019

MLC for 498A case

Hello all,

The false FIR lodged by my wife u/s 498A doesn't have any MLC. So is it advantage for me for the case?

Also if she brings any fake medical certificate from any doctor or hospital by paying some money, will it go in favor of her?


 6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 April 2019

Differs from case to case.

What are the facts of case, discuss with your lawyer for better appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 April 2019

You are making a perdictions of your wife's action in future without any reasonable grounds. If your wife files false documents it is your advocate's duty to object at the time of trial. 

TGK REDDI   03 April 2019

I agree with Shri Om Prakash.

Sugar Daddy   03 April 2019

making a mlc is not that easy. while issuing a medical certificate for such a case like accident or beating police is informed. bringing a MLC from a government doctor on back date is nearly impossible. so you are safe. don't worry. Let her do what she wants and yes it is an advantage for you that she does not have any MLC as MLC is first and major proof court looks for. my wife was repeatedly asked in CAW cell counselling if she had any MLC !!! she kept saying she has but in reality she didn't as nothing like that happened... wife side normally play such tactics don't be intimidated by her

Sugar Daddy   03 April 2019

more over as per law you are presumed innocent unless proven guilty even in 498a cases. these days family court deals with 498a cases all the time. the load is on your wife's party to prove you guilty. if you didn't do anything just relax. defend yourself properly is all you can say

Varun2020   04 April 2019

Thanks to all for the guidance.

@Sugar Daddy: My lawyer also told the same thing today. Thank you very much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register