25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Minor girl marriage

Husband claims to have married a girl in good faith that she was a major but after marriage realised that she is minor age 17.

what can he do now?

Can he file for 420 against her parents?


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 August 2022

Why about him?   What is your problem?  

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 August 2022

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

Anurag Jyani   18 August 2022

No, 420 IPC cannot be filed against minor wife as she is minor and marriage with minor girl is void in eye of law. Further, good faith intention of husband that minor is major in not vaild ground as "mistake of law" is not excusable in Indian Law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query