LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adarsh Gohel   25 April 2022

Merchant Export

the Notification regarding merchant export says to send goods directly to port or to the registered warehouse under customs is it correct. notification no 40 of cgst act.

Learning

2 Replies

Harendra Kumar (A Practicing Lawyer)     10 May 2022

I do not go with N/F but it is coorect that yoou can be send directely on port by Marchant Traders.

Adarsh Gohel   10 May 2022

Actually all professional are guiding to acquire the goods at the place of the premised of merchant exporter. While in notification in notification  it is clearly mentioned either forward directly  to port or to registered warehouse under customs act. 

All peolle are confused that warehouse means registered place of business where gst registration is obtained. Howeever in notification it also states about the operator of warehouse where bills to endoresed for countersign that goods are kept here.. therefore one can say that this warehouse if one mentioned in customs act. And not the registered  place of business under gst. 

But the fact all professionals are guiding wrongly. My client is getting merchant export orders but due to this he had to take risk.. please recheck the fact of possible. I also had the AAR FOR THE REFERENCE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register