Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu   22 November 2017

Mental harassment of my parents by daughter in law and son.

I am a 27 year old married woman staying in Mumbai while my parents stay in Kolkata with 2 sons and a DIL. my elder brother has been married since 2002 with no kids.For the past 10 years my brother and his wife has been acting rebellious with my parents, me ans my younger brother who is a handicap.Though they stay together and are not on talking terms with me, my younger brother or my parents but ocassionally keep quarrelling ,disprespecting and abusing my parents for some reason or the other.Also keeps threatening about taking away all the property and bringing my parents and brother on the road.My parents never took action against them and tolerated everything out of fear of false dowry and domestic violence case that their DIL could file on them with the support of her husband(their son).From the past 1 year my father is suffering from a pulmonary disease and he is on continuous oxygen supply at home due to which he is not contributing in the family business any more and is totally dependent on my elder brother. The business is in partnership in the name of my father,my mother and elder brother.

Taking advantage of my parents' financial dependency on him, he and his wife has been hurling even more abuses on them and mentally harassing them to so much extent that my ailing father wished he should die.Though they are not into physical violence of any sort but they are smart enough to mentally do things that can provoke my parents to take any unwanted step.

kindly advise what legal action can be taken for my parents' and younger brother's mental and financial protection and also how can i save them if my brother and his wife plan to file any kind of false cases against my parents.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     22 November 2017

Right now, you are only getting abuses. Punch the case right now, ottherwise a 498A is coming your Dad's way, very soon, trust me. Dissolve the partnership and have your Dad and Mom file a Domestic Violence complaint against the evil woman. Make a complaint that your Mom, Dad, disabled bother used to be beaten brutally, viciously by the woman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register