LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stephen Martin (Business)     08 March 2020

Mental harassment

I have been in a relationship with a girl for almost 1 year and half. We didn't had any kind of Physical relationsip till now.

I was not sure about getting marry to her, I was taking time to understand her and I came to know she is very possessive and have some kind of psycho characterisitc.

If I try to breakup from her she is mentally harassing me by threatening to come to my home and office and will create a huge scene.

As a proof I have the whatsapp chats  and some call recording.

I wanted to know if i can file a mental harassment on this girl? As a precaution incase if she does something like above scenario.

What are the leagal options for me ? 

Learning

8 Replies

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     09 March 2020

Dear Brother look having "Love" relations between two young marriagable man and women are not so easy to break in Indian society. As it is related with the social reputation and mental attachment of each other with an objective to live together in a long run. In lame manner you think it is not a relations of two towys. You says you are having recording of her calls and other things to be proved in court that she was harrassing you but for what? For the further relation which you developed with her by promising directly or indirectly to her to go along. By filing a police complaint of harrassment against her you will break your own leg as it will be taken against you only as to malain her reputation and charector you have done it ans so on. So please be aware of these facts before lodging any complaint of harrassment againt her being a male member.

Stephen Martin (Business)     09 March 2020

Thanks for a reply. I want to know what are the legal right I have in case I have to raise any complaint against her. You said about social reputation could tell me if she created a scene in my society and office what will happen to my reputation. Now brother I will be awaiting for your reply.

Naresh Dhanjal   09 March 2020

Dear Stephen,
File a police complaint that she is threatening you before it is too late. she cannot come to your office or home after that and if she comes then she will doing it illegaly which will make her land in difficulties. File a blackmailing conplaint against her in Police station ASAP. If she does anything illegal in future you will be safe otherwise you will land in trouble if she takes any step before you take.

Naresh Dhanjal   09 March 2020

you will always have many options like afterwards like filing defamation case for loss of reputation, extortion case to forcefully make you stay in relation,etc. there are many rights available to you accordingly.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 March 2020

The query suggests no legal elements. It is often the case that such threats are empty, esp.between young people in love.

Stephen Martin (Business)     14 March 2020

Hello Sir,

Today my girlfriend came to my house and created a huge scene while going she said she will come to my office on Monday and will create a scene over there and she also said I have to resign from my job.

Could you please suggest me now what legal options do I have ?

Stephen Martin (Business)     14 March 2020

Hello Sir,   Today my girlfriend came to my house and created a huge scene while going she said she will come to my office on Monday and will create a scene over there and she also said I have to resign from my job. Could you please suggest me now what legal options do I have ?

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=208339&offset=1

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2020

she can file a number of true/false cases on you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register