LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shashi kumar   23 March 2022

Membership of society after purchase of flat in society in joint ownership

My father and I had purchased a flat in a society in Delhi from a member of the society in joint ownership. We have already made the flat freehold. In the freehold document my father's name is first and I am second. I had made application for membership of the society in which everywhere only my name is filled. I understand that as per law the membership can be given only to my father and not to me, and also, the voting rights will lie with my father. After a long time the society is informing that the application for membership has to be moved by my father or by both of us with my father as the first person. The documents signed by me alone is not valid for obtaining membership. Since my father is very old and now residing in my village there are some constraints. Please advice the legal/Registrar of Society rules requirements.


Shashi Kumar


 1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 March 2022

You obtain a power of attorney from your father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query