Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.V.Pillai   28 March 2024

Medical negligence by a wellness centre located in delhi

Good morning members

I am a resident of Chennai and aged about 72 years.

My son aged 35 years was under the care of a wellness centre situated in Delhi for treating addiction issues.

While under their care, there was a medical emergency and my son had passed away while he was being taken to a hospital.

We understood that no emergency care was given at the wellness centre and there was a prolonged delay in reaching a hospital too.

If I have to file a case for negligence on the part of the wellness centre, can I file a case through a lawyer in Chennai or the case has to be filed in Delhi ?

Please advice me based on my age factor and place of residence.

Thanking you,

T V Pillai

Chennai

Learning

4 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     28 March 2024

You can file medical negligence case through a lawyer in district consumer forum for negligence in service provided to your child and can claim monetary compensation as well as mental harrassment and can claim damages too

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 March 2024

That is really sad, just file a complaint in consumer fouram, you can file personally the complaint but keep all the evidance well in order.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2024

If you are planning to file a complaint against the wellness centre, you may the medical treatment particulars and all other relevant documents to prove medical negligence act by the hospital authorities.

As the cause of action arose at Delhi, you may have to file the case at Delhi consumer redressal commission only.

You can engage the services of a Chennai lawyer also.

You can file online complaint also 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 March 2024

Since the wellness centre situate at Delhi where your son was under care so Consumer Commission at Delhi has jurisdiction to hear your grievance. 

To get the favorable  result you need to file complaint on basis of cogent and expertise evidence regarding negligence of wellness centre . If in case allegations  made by you on opposite party found false/baseless in that event opposite party may sue for defame their reputation  and goodwill. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register