LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Information@u (Business)     09 May 2020

Medical leave

A person who is enrolled in State Government job he continued his service 6 yrs, unfortunately he met accident he need bed rest for two to three. is that such term leaves are available,or they terminated from service ,so please advise what to do next seeking your response

 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 May 2020

If the Government employee is a permanent one, he can avail leave on medical grounds.  The leave with pay will be sanctioned if he has any leave of EL/ML etc., otherwise, he will be sanctioned leave without pay and allowances.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 May 2020

The query lacks basic facts, as any Government can not terminate an employee in such conditions and the maximum they may treat the leave as loss of pay.  Contact your Union leaders and local advocate as such termination is not proper and illegal.even when you are unfit to perform your duties after such an accident.  The post definitely suppressed facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     10 May 2020

Vague query with incomplete facts.

Presumably you are a contractual employee, where the contractor decided the terms and conditions for your "enrolment", wherein the contractor (generally) do not provide leave for treatment / rest for such a long time in consequence of accident.


Sudhir Kumar (Retd Govt Officer)     18 May 2020

please come with complete facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query