New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KHALID WAQUAR ABID   26 September 2020

Md and mohammad issue

10th is the basic certificate which i have as a proof of name and date of birth.

It has name as MD. On the basis i joined two govt jobs, both jobs have record as MD.

When i went for the passport, their rule says that name can not be in abbreviated form. So i expanded name as Mohammad.

But the passport application required Aadhar so i changed aadhar to Mohammad to match with the passport application. So due to aadhar , Pan and bank also changed to Mohammad.

So now I dont have all similar record.

What to do? 


 7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 September 2020

Now, what is the present issue?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     27 September 2020

I go with G.L.N.Prasad

KHALID WAQUAR ABID   27 September 2020

I have to process my pension procedure.Since job record has name MD, but Aadhar, Pan and Bank account have Mohammad.

This mismatch how to solve.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2020

The mismatch could be explained through an affidavit, as and when required.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 September 2020

For pension, you need not a fresh submit any proof and your employment record is enough.  At the maximum, you have to provide your bank account number for sending the pension for credit.  The retirement benefits can be credited in your account showing your ID card (Retiree).  Your apprehension is baseless.  You need not fear.  In case of such eventuality, as suggested by Thiru P.Venu, a mere affidavit duly notarized serves the purpose.

Mohammad bakhtiar alam   25 September 2023

It's very difficult to change name in education certificate.  Indian government should give facility to solve this things. If government will announce once in News then everything will get solve. Those people working in abroad for them it's not possible to do change in all documents. So please provide any idea so we can solve this things. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 October 2023

The problem is that your de[partment will write MD in your PPO. Abbreviated name cannot be there in PPO.


Your Bank account is in the  name of Mohammed. Bak may find justified in refusing to registed PPO.

Please confirm is this the problem.


How have you so far managed salary account.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register