Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar (Software Engineer)     26 May 2013

Married a widow who has child

Hi Experts,

I married a widow girl who has a female child. We are facing problems from wife previous father in law. They want the child to be in their custody. As per the law, minor child should be with her mother. They fied a case against us and judge advised show the child to them whenever we go for vacation. The problem is that child does not know her father expired and I am her step father. We want her to be grown in this way. But previous father in law wants to tell everything to the kid. Is there anyway to stop allowing them to see the kid? Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sankar

Hi Experts,

I married a widow girl who has a female child. We are facing problems from wife previous father in law. They want the child to be in their custody. As per the law, minor child should be with her mother. They fied a case against us and judge advised show the child to them whenever we go for vacation. The problem is that child does not know her father expired and I am her step father. We want her to be grown in this way. But previous father in law wants to tell everything to the kid. Is there anyway to stop allowing them to see the kid? Please advise.

Think practically.

KId stays with you, somehow you manage by hook or crook that her FIL wont meet the kid, while growing up anybody might tell the kid the real story, leaving it confused for the rest of its life.

Let go off the kid to the FIL, let them take care of the kid, you and your wife can keep visiting them and the kid, like that old FIL also be happy, you both will get to start a new life, have your own babies.

Try to see this from FIL perspective, they lost their son, and want the kid.  All sit and talk it out that how you will go ahead regarding the kid, take my advice, let the kid be with the grandparent.

Lying to the kid that you are the real father will have bad affect on its mind when it comes to know the truth.

Legally, a lot can be done, but once you enter legal field, then its going to take lot of time to setle issues.  Think and move ahead.

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     26 May 2013

Helping Hand has given a practical and huminatarian suggession. Legally your wife can get the kid subject to the satisfaction of the court.

Ranee....... (NA)     27 May 2013

You should not conceal any facts from her nor she should be restrained to meet her grand parents.You both can bring her up with your other kids along with having a cordial relations with the grand parents. 

sankar (Software Engineer)     27 May 2013

Thanks for your reply. We dont want to separate her from us. We are planning to tell her the truth at the age of 12. She is 6 yrs old now. We have another kid with 2 yrs old. Both are doing good & more attachment with each other. Lets see how it long we can maintain this secret. We already maintained for 3 yrs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register