Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parul khuran   03 February 2022

marriage registration act

if the marriage was soleminize on 1996 at that time marriage was not registered will it possible to register the marriage now and obtain a Marriage registeration certificate


 3 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   03 February 2022


Only Certain documents are required like marriage card and photographs(most important) Photocopy of Government issued I'd Cards like Voter I'd card Ration card witnesses should be present 

If u require any help you can contact me.


Advocate Pallabh Haldar


Archana Pandey   04 February 2022

Hello Parul, 

A marriage can be registered under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 or through Special Marriage Act 1954. Please be advised that Special Marriage Act applies to all the religion. You can later register your marriage through online and offline as well since it's a legal document by following the few process. 

  • i. e. You can go to the SDM's office under your jurisdiction (where couple resides) and apply there by submitting attested documents like Aadhar Card, photo, invitation card of wedding of both sides, birth certificates, wedding picture and self declaration of registering a marriage by both and filling of application form. 
  • After submitting this you will get appointment within 15days under Hindu Marriage act 1955 or it will take 60 days in Special Marriage Act, 1954.
  • Witness will require during the appointment, person who has already attended a marriage can be a witness., must having pan card and residential certificate. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2022

qury isbasically on procedure and not Law.  Visit SDM office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register