LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik   11 July 2020

Marriage issue

I married women who was allready married but she had not taken divorce from him and We had registered marriage in USA.

Query:Can my wife's first husband file case against me and my wife on what sections.

If so please let me know how can I protect?

Please guide

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 July 2020

Originally posted by : karthik
I married women who was allready married but she had not taken divorce from him and We had registered marriage in USA.

Query:Can my wife's first husband file case against me and my wife on what sections. 

If so please let me know how can I protect?

Please guide

@ Karthik,

You have stated, inter alia, that, "I married women who was allready married..." is it your personal or hypothetical case ?

Further you said, that, "....but she had not taken divorce from him..." what is her / their religion i.e., Hindu, Muslim, christian or any other ..??

You have stated, that, "....and We had registered marriage in USA." you did not mention about registeration of marriage was runder which provisions of personal law ??

Be clear and specific in your statement before posting your query but not such hypothetical and fake story.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     11 July 2020

Originally posted by : karthik

1. Typically Old Husband can file Criminal case of Cheating, Fraud, Breach of Trust on Wife.

2. IF you show that you were not aware of Wife's earlier marriage, THEN no Criminal or Civil Case is possible on you.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

karthik   11 July 2020

I know before that she was married and her husband have proof of same sir.

What kind of Criminal or Civil Case can her husband can file on me?

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2020

Is your wife an Indian citizen?

karthik   11 July 2020

yes Sir.She and I is indian

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 July 2020

Without divorce second marriage is an offence under section 494 of ipc. ... You can not remarry without obtaining the decree of divorce  2. Live in relationship also will be traeted as an act of adultery punishable with jail term, should your wife/s first husband lodges complaint against you in this regard

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     11 July 2020

it is offencable. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register