LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhomoy Das (Retail Manager)     14 April 2015


Dear all,


 I`m  facing the same problems. I`m married for 5 yrs now. I have one son 3yrs old. My wife stays at her parents house with her son. My wife never used my surname after marriage. I never insisted on that.
But  i came to know that my wife have applied  for the State Public service commission whereas she have mentioned her marital status as MARRIED  but  she have left blank  in Husband Name coloumn. ( She didnt my mentioned my name as husband name). Morover my son birth is registered and his name too got registered from the Local Municipality body. The birth certificate copy is with me. But in the nursery school where my wife have admitted my son have mentioned a different name in the School admission record. Its not the same name what is mentioned in the Municipality Birth Certificate records. all this my wife have done without informing / discussing with me. To my surprised the school also didnt bothered to check the birth certificate. When i asked my wife why did she change the name of my son, she then casually replied that " ITS WHAT A BIG PROBLEM. IF WE DO AFFIDAVIT MENTIONING BOTH NAMES OF OUR SON BELONGS TO SAME PERSON THEN ". But she didnt do any affidavit till date. However she have used my surname in my son`s surname.


My question is  :

1. All this activity is not an act of fraud or providing wrong information. Like as the State Public Sevice commission is a public body and providing them false information is not an act of crime ? Whereas she have signed the undertaking in the application form that all the informations provided are true & correct to the best of my knowledge & belief.

2. On basis of this acts can i apply for divorce ?


 3 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     14 April 2015

Husband's name andfather's name are to be filled up in such forms. She is applying from father's place may be it is the reason she didn't mention your name. About your child's name many times names given in hurry in birth certificate are changed anf new name of choice are introduced. Why you are taking it so seriously? Were you not present at the time of form fill up? Why your wife is not living with you?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 April 2015

You try that.  If she is staying away more than 2 years also add desertion ground.

1 Like

Mango (Consultant)     02 July 2015

Subhomoy Das - Dude, it seems to me that something is cooking-up in her mind but that's a generic female issue; Female would like to safeguard themselves against any demages (financially or mentally) especially those that can come from their beloved husband and its family. I can smell that something is also cooking-up in your mind. I have my sympathy with you on loosing edge over your marriage and getting soon the cases where you would be landing into the trouble.


Welcome to twenty first century, modern Indian society!!!! Indian society is now getting westernized and every individual like to have their own freedom. Liberal unsoliated thoughts are taking place in the name of education. I would like to suggest you to NOT take any legal action and NOT be the "first one" to knock the door of courts. At least, have some guts and wait for the right time.


Let the party be hosted by your estranged wife and be the guest to say that on final day of decree that darling, I loved you but NOT now cause your due deligence on my love has failed to build a trust on you..!!! Throw the money (alimony) in the air and get out of the court...



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register