Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji Bakthavathsal (+919444448455)     30 March 2012

Malpractices in the army

MALPRACTICES  IN  THE ARMY

Much hue and cry is made over the Chief of Army General V.K. Singh.  In his interview to the leading Indian National Daily “The Hindu”, the General had stated that some people went to the extent of fabricating a birth certificate. We cannot just brush aside his complaint. I myself had seen that the entries of the Service Book of an ex-service man have been tampered with some fictitious entries made well after the death of the soldier. When the concerned officer was questioned under the RTI, he gave an elusive reply and daringly challenged me to go to court.

In my case, a fraudulent lady aged around 75 years attempted to grab our ancestral house with the help of some fake documents.  While investigating her background, it came to my notice that the lady is drawing family pension from the Indian Army. Since my investigation revealed that that the lady is an illegitimate wife of the Army Person, I wondered how the lady is drawing the pension and questioned the concerned Records Officer to furnish the details as I myself was a retired officer from the Defence Accounts Department. The copy of the sheet sent by the Military officer is attached herewith.  It can be clearly seen that the entries made in there were tampered duly scoring out some entries and adding some more entries. The marriage date entry 100875 can be clearly seen that it is written over the typewriter eraser.  The lady as on the date of marriage i.e. 10-08-75 as per the records has got five grown up children which can be clearly seen from the legal heir certificate not one but three different legal heir certificates given by the Taluk Office which is also attached herewith.  This is the way how our government officials function. Now I leave it to learned LCI members to comment.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register