LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TaxPayer   22 December 2018

malicious prosecution and extortion

i have been implicated in 498a case by my brothers wife. i filed for discharge and court discharged me. de facto complainant filed appeal in the high court. Later my brother and his wife compromised the matter and settled the case in lok adalat.

now my query is what action can i take for the torture i have undergone for false 498a ? wife and husband settled the matter and got divorce. Malicious prosecution, Criminal defamation, Extortion ?


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 December 2018

Consult a local lawyer with relevant documents and court proceeding for analysing, guidance and proceeding.

You are just a "Tax Payer" you should also become "Lawyer's Fees Payer".

1 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     23 December 2018

you can file suit for damages claiming loss in reputation and also complaint for defamation.
1 Like

TaxPayer   23 December 2018

I can consult a local advocate. but need more information on the type of proceedings that I can initiate.
Also I have faced 498a, which is a criminal case. What relief can I get in criminal matters?

Krishna Reddy (Advocate)     23 April 2019

As part of the settlement agreement, typically there will be conditions like the parties involved in those cases wont file further cases on other party. Check if such thing are mentioned in agreement conditions, if so, u cant file any such cases u mentioned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query