Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DV Fighter (Service)     08 April 2013

Maintenance for short duration marriage.

I have filed divorce petition in family court. My Ex has has filed application for interim maintenance.
We together lived only for 2 months & now separated from last five years. She has also accepted this in her reply.
while going through this forum I got one important judgement of Bombay HC stating less maintenance for short duration marriage.

https://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/data/civil/2010/WP2136009130110.pdf

are there any other judgements like this so that I can use the in my IM reply.

Learning

2 Replies

Aadil (Sales Manager)     09 April 2013

A person's marital status indicates whether the person is married ?? Questions about marital status appear on many polls and forms, including censuses. The question has historically also appeared in job applications and credit card applications and similar contexts, though the practice is increasing regarded as anachronistic as an answer would normally not be relevant to the consideration of the merits of an application, and may in fact be considered unlawful discrimination..and couples either in short or long duration law is decide on case to case matters and maintenance decided on merits.. 

avinash (merchant navy )     16 August 2014

wife filed for divorce after 3 years she earns 60 thousand and i earn 4lacs p.a., marriage 2 months old, no kids, then she deserted, she is a doctor but not practicing she is higher qualified than me, can i use this fact  and also she is idle, then how much alimony do you think i will need to pay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register