IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH GUPTA   26 May 2021

Maintenance Cases dealing

Sir Gd mng
I am a Govt employee, going through marital discord.
I have been ordered to pay maint by Family Court @10000 PM for wife n two children in crpc 125 in 2018.Case under sec 498a and DV Act has already been dismissed by trial and appellate court.I did filed revsion against maint order but got dismissed in 2019. Wife had filed execution for maint order and now I am ordered to pay @20000pm to clear arrears.My wife is working in private and is M.Com.I have filed divorce and again maint in sec 24 is likely to be ordered.How I can avoid payment of maintenance. Should I file RCR or SLP in SC.Any other trick because I suffered and lost too much in last 10 years due to court cases.


 2 Replies

Janakraj Vatsa   26 May 2021

once you have filed divorce case , then how can you file a RCR petition? also your wife is unwilling to be with you. you need to pay the maintenance amount till finalisation of the court case. however you may file another appeal in a higher court for revision of the maintenance amount ordered u/s 125 cr.pc

Shashi Dhara   26 May 2021

U pray in court that you are ready to take your wife to home thru Ur advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query