LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

keshav@1990 (assistant)     17 March 2020

maintainance and appeal

I have appealed against family court order in Bombay high court. honorable Court stayed the family court order but ordered me to pay maintenance till November 19. which was 1.65. lace. I have paid one lac.now Court has ordered me to file affidavit when I will pay remaining amount.my lawyer is saying I have to pay maintenance till date that is till March 20.court also ordered me to Submit my salary slip.my question is how much arrear I have to pay.what is use of appeal and stay if I have to pay maintenance till date. what should I do to pursue my case as my appeal in preadmission stage as in court the argument happens only on maintenance main case for divorce nothing happening.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 March 2020

What is your query ?

High Court order is amply clear and unambigous, you have honour it, if you want your appeal to be taken up/ heard.

Your lawyer is well aware about facts of the case(s)/ circumstances, an able, competent and intelligent enough to satisfy your queries. 

You are required to have faith and proceed as advised by your lawyer without expecting miracle and obligation from experts on this platform.

Shashi Dhara   18 March 2020

Pay maintenance as per court orders the arrears and press to expedite it as soon as possible if not pay maintenance .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2020

You have approached high court seeking some relief.

In order to accept your appeal high court has imposed certain conditions.

If you are not ready and willing to accept the conditions then you may not be able to prosecute the appeal.

You can decide. 

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     30 March 2020

pl cal me I will bettere explain you 917506552608

Manogya Chava   20 May 2020

Greetings in furhterance to the expert answers as provided above, you may also look into the following article for more in depth understanding - https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/law-of-maintenance-in-india-under-personal-laws-an-analysis--5551.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register