LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suhail parvez chilimi   09 June 2024

Love marriage threat from girls brother's and uncle

Good morning.. iam a Muslim boy of 29yrs old and iam in love with Hindu girl of 26yrs old ..since 8yrs,we both work as govt servants..after two years of convincing my parents accepted for our marriage,but girl's side they are not accepting for marriage by her two brothers ,in which one brother is also a govt servant and her uncle...her father was died 2yrs ago..we both place our proposal in very polite way infront of them,we tried a lot to convince them,but her brother's threating her to kill her and me ,my family also..they also kept her few days in house arrest without mobile and not letting her to go office..anyhow she managed to go Office..we have married legally under muslim marriage act..with all rituals, necessary documentation which were required to do marriage accordingly in muslim marriage act..we lodged a complaint in near by police station after marriage,they also given counseling to there brothers,they accepted that they will not harm us,and given statement...if anything happens we were the responsibility..eventhough they given that,they are trying to hurt us and hurt our of his brother stating that he will kill us..he will go to jail for is nothing matter to me...another brother and uncle will take care of my family like that...her uncle stats that he will kill by creating it as accident by dashing our vehicle with a lorry...we are more afraid of it...they are not afraiding of any constitutional rights and criminal laws what should we do..


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2024

If they constantly threaten you this way,  you may record their conversation next time and directly approach the higher police officer with a strong complaint and documentary evidences and request for stringent and strong action against the culprits 

suhail parvez chilimi   09 June 2024

Tqs for ur valuable advice sir...may I know killing someone is easy now-a-days...what is the punishment for these type of activities,they were saying that we may come out with in 2-3mths with a bail...his govt employee brother is not bothering about his job and he is saying that he will come out of jail and live with doing anytype of work or I will go abroad it easy

shailja sharma   09 June 2024

In case of threatning by the girl's side family you should start gathering evidences of such threats. Call records, video recordings, threatning texts all such things would aid you to seek proctection more easily agaisnt their abusive behaviour. You can even lodge a complaint under section 506 of Indian Penal Code. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2024

Let them tell anything now,  they are all ignorant of law hence they will blabber whatever they want. 

Your determination should not deter. 

Once they face music of law,  they will realize their position. 

You can proceed as suggested to you earlier. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register