LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Agrawal   04 July 2023

Love marriage


My name is Deepak agrawal i'm from raipur chhatisgarh 

I'm here for expert opinion in love marriage

I love my girlfriend wanted to marry her but in both our family strictly declined for marriage specially girl's family (father) is very very strict

So me and my girlfriend decided to ran from home and get married in ( arya samaj marriage) is it good to marry via arya samaj

My main reason for coming here is if we both ran from home it's obviously we both will get death threat from girls father. 

So what options i have I can't think police station will help me because they will take our parents side in my opinion 

Will there any law i can take help in this district court or high court where i can approach if i need help in this 

Please help will be much appreciated 


 5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 July 2023

What is your and your wife's age i.e., whether you are 21+ and she is 18+ and both of you profess Hinduism?   If so, marriage is valid.

If you are scared of your wife's parents, seek police protection by filing a writ petition through a local prudent lawyer.

Deepak Agrawal   04 July 2023

Yes my age is 25 and my wife age is 19 

And both are hindu 

Is it a wise decision to go for police protection with lawyer in police station or directly going to court in this matter because i think police will support our parents this is what i'm scaring off.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 July 2023

This may help you ;; 

To have a same-day court marriage in Delhi, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a Court Marriage Lawyer. They possess the expertise to guide you through the legal procedures swiftly and ensure a hassle-free process.

Read more at:

Deepak Agrawal   04 July 2023

But i wanted to know the law and procedure for raipur chhatisgarh

What type of possibilities i have if i get death threats from girl's (father) 


Niharika Lohan   05 July 2023

Hi Deepak Ji, I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

Firstly, i can understand the fear and threat you would be sensing right now.

You have the following remedy available, if you get death threat from parents then File a case under section 503 IPC that is criminal intimidation and the case is non cognizable then Police will ask party to go to magistrate under section 155 of CRPC as per procedure. And there make an application regarding the protection. Also if death threat proved then under section 503 read with section 506 para 2nd imprisonment may extend to 7 years or fine or both.

i hope you have a clearer understanding now. In case of further questions, you can email me at 


2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register