LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganapathy N (Assistant Professor)     26 November 2011

Lost sale deed

I brought a flat from my previous owner a year ago. I made a mistake that I didn't noticed the documents properly. I have all the mother documents expect the sale deed between my previous owner and the builder. Now I asked him about the original sale deed he said that he had handed over all the doucments to me but I have only the photostat copy and not the original. But i am not having that now. Well I can't file a complaint against him and further i am not in such a situation too. My question is shall i lodge a complaint that the sale deed is missing by myself and what procedure I have to do further to solve this problem

Learning

4 Replies

pervez (adviser)     26 November 2011

Dear, Generally in such cases, an FIR is filed [ with police station of the area from where the sale deed was lost] stating the facts and a public notice is advertized in the news papers in the same area / locality. based on that, certified copy is obtained from sub-registrar where the earlier sale deed was registered.. The same will work as an original. complaint, cutting of the newspaper alongwith certified copy is kept for future records and reference. You can not do beyond this... hope this will clarify yr query...

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 November 2011

If sale deed is missing you don' have to worry.  You will get the certified copy of the same from the sub registrar.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 November 2011

You can also publsih the missing of sale deed in the local news paper.

Ganapathy N (Assistant Professor)     30 November 2011

Well how long it will take for me to dot he process of giving complaint and getting non-traceable document certificate from the police. Then for advertisement how long I have to give the time and totally how many days i need to solve the issue. Kindly reply me 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register