Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Lost original property papers

hi please help

my house is in the name of me and my husband and my husband gave the property papers of my house 10 years ago to a friend against 3 lakh rs but it was not signed by me. my husband expired and now im the only surviving owner of the house. later that person never turned up. i have been living in the house from 10 years and paying electricity, maintanance, property tax etc.  can the person who has the papers do anything that can harm my ownership? what can i do to get a new set of papers only in my name and how much will it cost.? please reply fast


 7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     07 February 2012

Apply for the certfied copy of the sale deed before the sub registrar.  You can lso file an application to enter your name to the share of your deceased husband. 

Your husband's frnd cannot do anything with those papers because any property worth of more Rs.100/- cannot be transferred thru., unregd., deed.

Advocate M.Bhadra   07 February 2012

 Lodge a diary to the Police for lost  and notify form of legal notice in a News paper and get certified copy of this from the Sub-registrar Office.No need to to worry.

Palanisamy (CEO)     07 February 2012

Publish iin any daily paper as "I have missed my Documents; If found return to XXXXXXXXXXXX"; Then, Just put FIR in nearby Police station showing that Paper Ad . Get Receipt from that station. Just apply for Duplicate copy of the from concerned Sub Registrar office. Keep it yourself. Nothing to worry.

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 February 2012

Please publish the Public Notice through your lawer,& logdge a complaint with Police Station in your area limit or where the document is missing , and get a Community Service Register Acknowledgement copy after 10 day ( after investigation iformally the Police Inspector -incharge of crime will issue "Non-Traceable Certificate mentioning the dcouemnt Number, after that you must apply the copy of the Document with the respective Sub-Registrar Office .           The always use the Paper add+Police NTC & Complint and Copy of the document as evidence.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     07 February 2012

if there is no copy of the docoumentas evidence what should do ?


some one told me to apply for an injection certificate so that no one else can register the papers in their name. what is its procedure and how much will it cost?


minasu bhadra sir. are u online? can i get an id where i can char with you regarding this problem now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register