Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayakrishnan (Development officer)     18 November 2011

Lost notorised power of attorney

Sir, 
Last year I purchased a property which waS registered on jun 2010.
When I applied for a Housing loan on that property Bank legal advisor asked me to produce a Power of attorney - a NOTORISED one in 1996 sep- which was used in a title share transfer within the family. 
I contacted the THEN TITLE HOLDERS OF THE PROPERTY and found that the person issued the Power of attorney is NOT ALIVE and the copy of the document(P O A) not with them.
Since it has been a notarised one No other copy from anywhere is available ,. Only thing I could manage to get was a confirmation from the NOTARY PUBLIC about the issue of it on 19 sep 1996
KINDLY GUIDE ME WHAT OTHER ALTERNATIVE I AM LEFT WITH TO RECTIFY THIS

Learning

3 Replies

rameshindirajith (advocate)     19 November 2011

Without go through the papers anybody give opinion is not fair. So u approach a civil lawyers. It is good for u

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     19 November 2011

First u give a public notice for that and second u take a declaration of Power of Attorney holder and the person who has give Power for that and other think the original Person registration a deed in favour of purchaser and then take a title clear certificate.

m.arunprakaash (advocate)     08 March 2012

Publish in two newspapers stating that the said power of attorney has been lost on transist. And say that it has been deemed that it was cancelled or revoked, Make new power of attorney.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register