LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

moushumi (0)     06 March 2010

Lok adalat

Kindly help as I am being harrashed by ICICI Bank.I was jobless since 2008 and hence could not pay the Credit Card and Personal Loan Dues.I had requested the bank to give settlement for Credit Card and some time for the repayment of the Personal loan as my financial condition was not good.I have written many letters and have done many correspondences but Bank has not responded since December 2008.Now the bank is threatening to sue me in lokadalat and file a case against me.They have also sent legal notice to me and email mentioning that they shall file a case against me under section 405,406 and 420.
    Kindly help me as I am not much aware of legal procedures and the possible way to handle this situation and find a solution to the same.

Thanks&Regards,
Moushumi.Mukherjee

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 March 2010

Appear befor ethe Lok Adalat and explain your position.You can ask for extended time limit  to remit it or pay it in instalments.The Lok Adalat is not the court, but it can negotiate with the lendor on behalf of the debtor.

moushumi (0)     06 March 2010

Thanks for your reply.Kindly let me know how will I know about  the proceedings.Any guidenace and suggestions are welcome.

Thanx&Regards,

Moushumi.Mukherjee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register