LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madan Garud   29 April 2022

Locus standy

One fellow told something wrong to my so in law about my daughter's life prior to her marriage.and my daughter got divorce from husband.Can I take legal action on that fellow ?

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 April 2022

In my view the reply is NO.

Madan Garud   29 April 2022

Why a father being in blood relation chaan not be locus stand ?

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     29 April 2022

Need to go through the case in detail. In the either way you can bring tort action if you have sustained damages.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 April 2022

Contact a local advocate who is an expert in criminal matters, as he may study the facts and find a clue to find a remedy against such an unscrupulous person that ruins marriages.  But, when the chapter with divorce is closed, do not complicate things with unnecessary revenge matters that spoil the already spoiled peace in the family.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 April 2022

Proceed only if you have irrefutable, tangible and verifiable proofs of your allegations, else you may face criminal charges including defamation.

Alok Tiwari   01 May 2022

yes You can file a case against that person with the proof of statement made by him to your son in law..
call me on 9891024567

Gagandeep Goel (Advocate)     03 May 2022

A complaint needs to be filed by the victim and under the provision of section 498A IPC a complaint can be filed against the husband and his family members by the wife or her relatives.

If an FIR is registered then the concerned person is termed as an informant and only the victim can continue the said FIR.

Regards

Gagandeep Goel, Adv

987 220 6969, 88173 00001.

masterlegalwork@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register