LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lovely Nation   28 February 2020

loan dispute

Loan 1, 60, 000 and 2, 00, 000 sanctioned to two of them naming narayana Swamy by cooperative society in Karnataka.. but it was exchanged during sanction of loan by mixing of aadhaar and ration card number.. while waiving 1 lakh interest by the Government it was transferred to other narayana Swamy with the same name due to exchange of account no, ration card and adhaar number by the cooperative society..
Am I responsible for the full loan payment of 1, 60, 000 rupees, are can I claim for loan waive of 1 lakh through court which was not benefitted by me due to official negligence what is the remedy?


 3 Replies

Lovely Nation   28 February 2020

👆if waived 1 lakh in loan amount i am responsible for only 60, 000 payment can I contest in court for getting loan waiver benefit occurred due to negligence of officials in cooperative society

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 February 2020

First get full facts as record through seeking information under RTI or consumer act and seek simple information as follows from the Society.

Information solicited:

1.Please provide me the reasons for not waiving Rs.1,00,000/- on account of ................................No..................................towards loan account No..................


The facts may not be correct.  The Bank has every right to adjust wrong credits done.  For example if a society/bank credits Rs.1 lakh in A's account instead of 'a"'s account, it can debit the same account and is having full powers to rectify by reversing the entry.  If the facts reported/posted were true, then there is deficiency of service and with the help of a sincere advocate a simple complaint before Consumer Forum can be filed after getting all necessary documents like statement of account, explanation from society, and after issuing a notice demanding for credit of such sum not credited as per Govt directive.

A complaint/grievance can be filed before the Government dept., that has implemented such decision and provided those funds to society informing them that Society has not credited any sums as per directives in the account of borrower and misappropriated that amount and a prayer can be made for inquiry into the facts and directions for crediting the amount by Society at the earliest.

1 Like

Lovely Nation   29 February 2020

Thanks sir
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register