LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     28 May 2014

Loakadalat

Hi All, My wife filed 498a and case moved from JFCM Court to loakadalat court. In loakadalat judge given 90days time. After that both parties didn’t attended and our lawyer attended taken next hearing. My wife is telling after divorce only withdraws the case. Last time we went there but she didn’t attend and our lawyer attended that day and taken next hearing in loakadalat. Compromise amount deposited in Joint account and she has to withdraw all cases and after divorce only we are going to give that amount. Divorce filed by wife under sec 13 1 ia, ib. Four hearings completed and yet to receive divorce summons from court. I have taken Divorce copy and now that divorce summons notice struck in Postal department. Notice returned back through ordinary post on 17.05.2014 till now not yet reached to court to collect notice. Hearing we have on 06.06.2014.Dont know when it will reached to court. Loakadalat hearing we have on 07.06.2014.

If both parties don’t attend next hearing on 07.06.2014 what will happen? Please advise. Thanks to all…..

Learning

4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     29 May 2014

Nothing will happen exception the compromise petition will be dismissed and again the case will go to JFCM.

Please don't worry. The conviction rate of 498A is 2% only which rarest of rare.

Please got High Court and file for speedy trial and get the case disposed of within 6 months. Once it is disposed off then you have lot of option to fight.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     31 May 2014

Please take reference of my post from the following link also: - https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Best-way-to-fight-against-false-498a-103111.asp#.U4nRKnbYVdg

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 May 2014

follow the advise of your lawyer who will be able to guide you better under the local prevailing circumstances.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 June 2014

Repeated query.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register