LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GIRDHAR GUPTA   22 April 2021

Life threatening messages on social media

Dear experts ,
plz advise me.
I got married about 4 months ago, since then an unknown person is sending me abusive texts life threats etc on my messanger app with multiple fake IDs. he asked me to divorce my wife or else he will kill me. he knows my home adress and most of my whereabouts.

I am an NRI, living in Nigeria for last 2 months. (I am pretty sure that this person is unaware of it) What can I do to get this guy arrested and for self defense
plz experts advise.


 5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 April 2021

Lodge a complaint before cyber Crime  Police with all details 

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     22 April 2021

As this is a cyber crime therefore your cause of action lies everywhere you are accessing your facebook id. Whether it is foreign or India, whenever you are in a state of threat, you may approach the local police for help. And let the Police find out the cyber criminals!!

sneha jaiswal   22 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
Report them to the police, show them the messages. Keep and record all cooperations and report them. You need to have this on record with the police so if and when the individual makes an endeavor, they'll have an unforgiving discipline. So report every single episode independently, to develop charges against them. Most occasions, the police association will end it, however on the off chance that it doesn't, ensure you have security in the event that you need to utilize it. Also, with the record the police will have on this individual, it will be simpler to be cleared from all charges against you on the off chance that you need to go to the limit to ensure yourself. Best of luck! Yet, in the event that there is any opportunity of attempting to talk them down, do it, and in the event that it works, get in their great beauty and move as distant from them as could really be expected, don't have whatever else to do with this individual. Also, actually make a police report showing them the messages you do have. You don't need to press any charges in the event that you work things out, at the same time, tell the police you need it on record cause this individual can do this and could turn into an issue later on.

Hope it helps


Sneha Jaiswal


1 Like

GIRDHAR GUPTA   23 April 2021

Dear madam

Thanks for the useful info. But my challenge is that right now I am out of country. Is there any possibility to take any action from abroad? 


Ankur Mishra   23 April 2021

Yes Mr.gupta their is a procedure but you should provide all the required material and the detailed
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register